Translate

Saturday, March 7, 2015

White purse or market bag

Hello,
I found this pattern for a really nice and versatile purse or bag a while ago. I have to admit, I can’t remember where. I will be more than happy to give somebody credit for the nice idea, but I don’t know to whom. The idea is beautiful, but it turned out to be smaller than I thought and the handle wasn’t long enough. I made couple more adjustments – to make the bottom stronger, added the zipper and lined it up.
So here is the pattern I put together with all those little extras.








































































White purse / bag pattern


You need: 
-Acrylic yarn or cotton of your choice (I used cca 300 grams – 0.660 lbs. / 880 meters – 960 yds.) 
-The Crochet hook suggested for your material – I used G/4mm
-Yarn Needle 
-Around 45cm x 90cm (18” x 36”) off cotton for the lining (you don’t have to use cotton)
-25cm (10”) zipper
-A4 plastic wallet 

Terms/Abbreviations: I used US terminology
ch       chain 
slst      slip stitch
dc       double crochet 
st        stitch 



Bottom
Start with the bottom of the purse. It is worked in circular (oval in this case) crochet method, beginning at center of the oval. Slip stitch join at end of each round. Don’t turn, but continue in same direction.






































Ch 47 + 4, dc into 5th ch from the hook and follow the chart. Make six rounds. End up with slst. The asterisks on the sides of the chart are indicating the point where the middle of the front and back will be.
You don’t need to cut the yarn, just continue on the body of the purse.


























Body of the purse
Work it the same way as the bottom - around. At the end of each row slst into the place where you need to be. 
Note: 6th row from the bottom of the purse is the same one like the 6th row of the body. Don’t work it twice.






































On the chart the first and last stitch is the same. Don’t do it twice. 
Work up to row 30. After row 30, repeat rows 15 – 30 again.
The asterisks on the sides of the chart indicate where the front and back middle of the purse is.
You should have 40 rows on the body of the purse. Fasten off.

Now it’s the time to make the bottom of the purse stronger.
I used A4 plastic wallet. Cut the shape of the purse bottom out of it and made stitches around, as you can see on the picture.

























Turn the purse inside out and sew it to the bottom of the purse from inside. I used thinner yarn for that.

























You should have nice body of the purse with stronger bottom now.

Handles: 
Handle is worked backwards and forwards. Start from the right side of the purse and follow the chart from body of the purse for the first half of handle. When you get to row 27 of the, follow this chart.






































Remember not to make row 27 twice. Finish with the row 34. Fasten off.
Other side of the handle is worked same way, but finish with row 33. Otherwise the pattern won’t work.

























Sew the two parts of handle together. The arrow on the picture is pointing to the place where I sewed it.

Lining:
I put a lining in the purse.  I sewed it in by hand, to the second last round of the purse’s body. I suppose, you can sew the lining by machine. I just don’t know how visible it’ll be from outside.

























Zipper:
I’m adding zippers to most of my purses. This time I put the zipper in at the end.
First I crochet ch56, sc into the second ch from the hook and sc front/back for six rows. Fasten off, but leave around 1,5m (60”) long end.
I did two pieces and sewed it by hand to the zipper.


















































Than I sewed the zipper with the extension to the purse.


















































Finishing:
For the finishing I used crab stitch around the handle, and put my little “Emm” label on the front of the purse.


























Final measurements are: cca
38cm x 38cm (15" x 15"), handle 60cm (24")



There it is. You should have nice purse now, or an inspiration for one at least.
I hope you understand, but if you come up with any problems or difficulties, write to me, and I’ll be more than happy to help.










Have nice week
Clara

77 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love this purse but since I am new to crocheting I do not even know where to begin. Do you happen to have a complete written version, row by row so that a newbee could follow.
    thank you so much.
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I'm sorry, I don't have written version of the pattern. If I will have some time during the weekend, I will see if I can sort something out and come back to you. Clara

      Delete
    2. I would like to send you written pattern for the "White purse". Could I have a mail.
      Clara

      Delete
    3. Hi I would love the written pattern also. I'm just learning to read charts so to be able to follow along with the written pattern would help a ton! Where can I send my email address? Thank you!!

      Delete
    4. could I please have a copy of the written pattern also. karenwolodzko@gmail.com

      Delete
    5. Can I please have the pattern as well? It's so lovely! melissa.leilua@gmail.com

      Delete
    6. Can i also get the written pattern as well?
      My email address is aisha22aliya@gmail.com

      Delete
    7. Can i also get the written pattern as well?
      My email address is aisha22aliya@gmail.com

      Delete
    8. I'm a few years late to the party but could I have the written pattern too please? Thanks in advance brookew0790@gmail.com

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. Thanks very much. Could I have a written copy also ? I love your pattern so much. My email is kitying1224@gmail.com

      Delete
    11. Dear Clara,
      May I ask you if you could e-mail me the written pattern too?
      My e-mail is steffi_2910@hotmail.com
      Thank you!!

      Delete
    12. Dear Clara,
      May I ask you if you could e-mail me the written pattern too?
      My e-mail is munazahir2776@gmail.com
      Thank you!!

      Delete
    13. Dear Clara, can you kindly send the written instructions through Pinterest ? Thank you. Hemalatha Acharya

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a reverse single crochet. Your work goes from left to right.

      Delete
  3. Hello I had a question about the bottom of the purse. Did you dc once in every ch around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I was wondering if you skip a dc after the chain 1? If I don't repeat rows 15-30 would the bag be too small? Also I don't really understand where to begin the handles... Sorry :) could you send me the written instructions if you still have it? Thank you :) I saw this pattern on a Spanish blog and was desperate to find it :( ! Here my email leila.thenor@yahoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found a chart pattern of this but couldn't get past the base part of the bag. This has been in my list for almost 6 months. I'm so glad I found your site. Can you share the written pattern? My e-mail is jazzyr_99@yahoo.com Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pattern❤️Would also love the written pattern, never was good at charts! email is patriciaviviano59@gmail.com , what is a wallet( for the bottom), never heard of this? Is it washable in a washing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could I please have a copy of patter in Italian? Thanks
    My e.mail address is: marinasbraccia@yahoo.it I live in Rome - Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't speak Italian, just English. I can understand Czech,Slovak a little bit of German and Russian, but not enough to make a pattern.

      Delete
  8. I would like the written pattern for this please, so beautiful!

    Email address is
    sabrina_knows_best@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't have written pattern for this bag.

      Delete
  9. could i please have a copy of your written pattern too.. thank you..my email addres is ferrylodge89@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love the written pattern .....why don't you publish the pattern? my email is karolena410@att.net....pleasr deleate my msg after you send i dont want it public thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! greetings from malaysia 💜 can i have the written pattern too? my email is noorbaizura.mj@gmail.com

    thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I’d love a copy of the written pattern if you still have it! Thank you in advance!! email: vroperto@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Clara! May I please have a written pattern sent to my email? Thanx in advance
    debbggns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi...my name is Marina. I've been looking for a detailed pattern of this bag for so long...but I succeded in making it following the draw...now I found you and maybe my next bag will be a kind of perfect 😊 so thanks a lot!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it still possible to get a detailed version of the yarn? Dominique.case@gmail.com.
    Such a beautiful design- Thanks for sharing 😁

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hej om ja vill göra en mindre hur många maskor lägger uppdå.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Can I please have a written pattern sent to my too? gissegisse@hotmail.com is my adress. Thanks allot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is there a possibility of sharing your pattern with me also? It is certainly a beautiful looking bag!
    My email is Gilbert.jan54@gmail.com.
    Thank you in advance. Regards Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would also like to have the written pattern for this bag! It's beautiful!! My email address is marietjie.m@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would also like to have the written pattern for this bag! It's beautiful!! My email address is marietjie.m@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hej! jag skulle gärna vilja ha det skrivna mönstret på denna jättefina väska. Tack på förhand :) min e-postadress: katarina62sjostrom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poderia me enviar o padrão dessa bolsa svalenlima@yahoo.com.br muito obrigada muito obrigada mesmo...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi! Such a beautiful bag! I noticed all the comments above and if you have the time, would you send me a copy of the written pattern as well please? I'm hope my comment isn't a couple years too late! My email is julianne.rose77@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey! Would you be able to send me the written pattern for the bag? I would appreciate it. Thank you so much. My email would be ashleyyherrera1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, I know you have been unindated with everyone asking for written pattern, but if you have time would love you to send the written version to me at. suedaveroberts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! Such a beautiful bag! I noticed all the comments above and if you have the time, would you send me a copy of the written pattern as well please? I'm hope my comment isn't a couple years too late! My email is vajkai.kati@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi sorry, I’m a bit confused on row 14 do I just chain 4?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi. Beutiful. Can I please also receive a copy of the written pattern? Thank you so much.
    My email address is : mehadipur@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello may I request you to kindly send me a copy of the written pattern as well. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello - May I request you to kindly send me a copy of the written pattern as well . Thank you my email ID is wendy_sean@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello..Like the additions you made to your purse. A long handle and lining make a lot of difference. May I please have the written pattern? That will be much appreciated...Regards
    bpardikar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello, currently trying to work on the image but unable to understand yet. Would I be able to get a copy of the written pattern. My email is alisson0911@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Clara, is it possible to send me the written version too….
    I live in the Netherlands
    My email is lydia20071946@gmail.com
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete